Seattle has always been one of our favorite cities to place a Bonsai and visit. We truly love the Pacific Northwest so we were very excited to help our friends from Seattle with adopting their 2nd puppy from Bonsai. We flew from Los Angeles to Seattle and hand delivered this handsome guy to his new home in the beautiful town of Bellevue. It has been such a rewarding experience to see all of the love that has surrounded this boy.
Traveling with a puppy can be difficult for first-timers. There are many things we can do to help ensure our pets’ safety and comfort from destination to destination. Here are our recommendations when traveling with pets:
- Get yourself a TSA approved pet carrier. This will help to secure your puppy during your flight. Your puppy and its’ carrier should be able to slide underneath the seat in front of you.
- Make sure you bring all paperwork needed to travel. Puppies need their vaccination records and some destinations require you to bring a letter from the vet or even a pet passport. There is usually a limit to how many pets can fly in cabin so call in before your flight and make sure that your airline has enough room to accommodate your pet.
- Pack food, water, toys, poo poo bags and wipes.
- Before the flight make sure your pet gets plenty of exercise and give it time to use the restroom. Once your pet has exerted his/her energy they should be able to rest during most of the travel.
- Lastly, be mindful of extreme changes in weather. Your pet needs time to adjust to the different climate at it’s arrival city.
We hope that some of these tips will help you and your pet to enjoy many years of fun travel together. Remember to be safe and don’t forget to pack the poop bags!